- 5 cups vegetable stock or water ( I prefer Organic Chicken Stock)
- 1 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon seeded and diced jalapeño
- 4 large garlic cloves 4 cups pumpkin, 1/2 inch chop (to make it easier I use the pre-cut Organic Butternut Squash at Costco
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, try toasting
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups , coconut milk (coconut milk taste great in this soup, or rice milk, or
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Place the stock in a 3 quart pot over high heat. Add all of the ingredients except the coconut milk and cilantro, and cook until the pumpkin is just soft, approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk, carefully transfer to a blender,and blend until creamy.
- Return to the pot, add the cilantro and cook for 5 minutes over medium low heat, stirring occasionally.